What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is a Person-to-Person payment service available through Online Bill Pay & GF Mobile. You can use Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or owe in the United States. Popmoney is the safe and easy way to send and receive money directly from your Greenville Federal account – it’s safe and secure and all you need is an email address or mobile phone number.
Send Money or Request Money
Popmoney Person-to-Person payment service lets you send money for birthday gifts, graduation, pay your rent, or send money to your kids away at college.
The request money feature lets you organize payments for any group activity, receive membership dues, or accept donations.
- Send Popmoney to anyone in the United States in as little as one business day
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (Hotmail®Yahoo!® Gmail®)
- Send money using an account number, in addition to using an email address or mobile number
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or “To Do List”
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access the largest person-to-person payment network for financial institutions, with 1,400 participating banks and credit unions
- Request money through Popmoney personal payment service as easily as sending a text or email
- Send or request money for as little as 75 cents (*additional fees may apply for rush delivery or certain transfers)
How secure is Popmoney?
You only need to know a persons name and email address, or their name and mobile number to send or request money. From the moment information is sent to Popmoney to the time it is stored and accessed again, it is encrypted using industry leading software, hardware and algorithms. Security is also utilized at specific points and actions in the product. For example, to help prevent an unauthorized person from fraudulently depositing someone else’s payment, one-time passcodes are used. For every initial payment to a new email address or mobile phone number, a one-time passcode is sent to the user. The user must provide that passcode back to Popmoney to verify his “ownership” of that mobile number or email address before he can deposit the payment.
How fast can I send and receive money?
With Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day. However, in some cases it may take longer. For example, if you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he/she must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment. Also, if you exceed your next-day payment limits, then we will deliver payments within three business days. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.